I LOVE banana bread but when I had some fresh raspberries that I didn’t know what to do with, I decided to bake raspberry bread.
And let me tell you, this raspberry bread recipe is bursting with fresh raspberries in every bite!
The bread is moist and fluffy, and the raspberries add a lovely tartness that makes this quick bread irresistible.
Serve it for breakfast or brunch, or enjoy a slice as a snack or dessert. You’ll love how easy it is to make, too!
For this Raspberry Bread recipe, you will need:
1) All-purpose flour: This is the main ingredient in the bread. It provides structure and texture. All-purpose flour is my choice but other flours like whole wheat or cake flour work also but you may need to reduce it by 1/4 cup.
2) Sugar: I find a combination of white and brown sugar works best; however, feel free to play with ratios if you prefer one type of sugar over the other.
3) Salt: This is a quick bread so we don’t need much salt. 1/4 teaspoon should do it.
4) Baking soda: This helps the bread to rise and become fluffy.
5) Milk: I use whole milk but any type of milk works.
6) Canola oil: You could also use melted butter, vegetable oil, or olive oil.
7) Vanilla extract: I love pure vanilla extract but it’s expensive so I always buy the biggest bottle I could afford. Otherwise, artificial vanilla extract works just as well.
8) Fresh or frozen raspberries: I love the flavor of fresh raspberries but frozen work just as well. If using frozen, there is no need to thaw them first.
How to Make Raspberry Bread
Follow these easy steps to make delicious raspberry bread. First, preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Then, grease and flour a 9×5 inch loaf pan.
In a small bowl, whisk together the all-purpose flour, baking soda, and salt. In a larger bowl or in a stand mixer, whisk together the wet ingredients – the egg, granulated sugar, brown sugar, milk, canola oil, and vanilla extract. Add the dry ingredients to the wet mixture and blend on low speed until just combined. Scrape down sides as necessary.
Finally, fold in the raspberries and pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan. Bake for 60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the bread comes out clean. I often find I have to bake for about 80 minutes as I love a dark crust on top but 60 minutes should be fine.
Let the bread cool in the pan for 10 minutes before removing it to a wire rack to cool completely. Slice and serve for a delicious raspberry bread treat!
To Use Fresh or Frozen Raspberries: Which is Best?
There really is no right or wrong answer. I love the flavor of fresh raspberries but frozen work just as well. If using frozen, there is no need to thaw them first. I’ll often buy fresh raspberries when they are in season and then freeze them so I can enjoy them all year long.
But when making this recipe, I prefer using fresh raspberries. It’s just a personal preference. If using fresh raspberries though, gently fold them into the batter so you don’t crush them.
What goes well with raspberry bread?
This bread is delicious on its own or served with a dollop of whipped cream, a scoop of vanilla ice cream, or even some lemon curd. It’s also lovely toasted and served with butter for breakfast or brunch.
Raspberry bread will keep at room temperature for several days, wrapped in plastic wrap or stored in an airtight container. You can also freeze it for up to 3 months. Let the bread thaw overnight on the counter before serving.
To reheat, wrap the bread in foil and warm it in a 350-degree Fahrenheit oven for 10-15 minutes or until heated through.
Raspberry Bread Recipe Bursting With RaspberriesCourse: Breakfast, Lunch, Snacks, BrunchCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
This raspberry bread recipe is bursting with fresh raspberries in every bite! The bread is moist and fluffy, and the raspberries add a lovely tartness that makes this quick bread irresistible.
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup light brown sugar, packed
1 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
1 large egg
1 cup milk
1/2 cup canola oil
1 tsp. vanilla extract
2 cups of fresh or frozen raspberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour a 9×5 inch loaf pan.
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, and salt. Mix well.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the egg, granulated sugar, brown sugar, milk, canola oil, and vanilla extract.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir until just combined.
- Fold in the raspberries. Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan.
- Bake for 60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the bread comes out clean.
- Let the bread cool in the pan for 10 minutes. Remove the bread from the pan and place it on a wire rack to cool completely.
- Slice and serve. Enjoy!
Give this recipe a try!
This is one of the best raspberry bread recipes because it’s moist, fluffy, and full of flavor. The raspberries add a lovely sweetness and the bread has just the right balance of sweet and tart. I love that it’s not too sweet so you can enjoy a slice or two without feeling guilty.
Whether you’re using fresh or frozen raspberries, this bread is sure to please. So, why not give it a try today? I know you’ll love it as much as I do!
Please SHARE this raspberry bread recipe with your friends and family.