This taco bread recipe is so easy to make but you and your guests will enjoy it until the last bite. The core ingredients consist of taco beef, Mexican rice, and refried beans.
You may already have a favorite recipe for each of these but I included basic recipes below. The overall steps are simple and quick but the result is epic taco bread!
Taco Bread Ingredients
- 2 cans of Pillsbury croissants
- 1/2 cup of shredded cheese
- 1 pound can of refried beans
- taco beef (see recipe)
- mexican rice (see recipe)
Taco Beef Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef or shredded beef
- 1 Tb taco seasoning
- Brown beef until cooked and add taco seasoning.
Mexican Rice Recipe
- 2 Tb oil
- 1 cup uncooked rice
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup tomat0 sauce or diced tomatoes
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- Heat oil and add rice. Cook for a couple of minutes or until rice is golden.
- Add remaining ingredients and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and cook for 20 minutes or until rice is cooked.
You’ll need Mexican rice, taco beef, and refried beans.
Layout the contents of a can of crescent dough on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
Spread a generous amount of beef onto the dough leaving about an inch of space around.
Add a layer of Mexican rice on top of the beef.
Add refried beans and sprinkle cheese on top.
Cover with last layer of dough from the second can of crescent dough.
Bake in a 350 degree oven for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
Slice into serving pieces and enjoy!
Via Reddit / jaymax
This is an awesome recipe to serve as a main dish or as a snack. Please share this epic recipe for taco bread with your friends and family.